Position Title: KidsCare Worker
Reports to: Kids Ministry Director
Expected Hours: Varies (usually 2-3 hours max)
Ave. Worker-To-Child Ratio: 1:6-8
Summary of Position
KidsCare Workers provide child care to children on an as-needed basis during gatherings at the church Monday-Saturday. This includes, but is not limited to, small groups, classes, and special events. The times in which child care is provided varies based on when sessions/events are scheduled. Postings will be sent out a few weeks in advance.
- Provide a safe and calm environment for the children.
- Change diapers and assist with toileting as needed (additional information is provided in our policies and procedures).
- Facilitate snack (when applicable, snacks will be provided).
- Encourage appropriate socialization between kids (i.e., conflict resolution, manners, sharing, kindness, etc.).
- Communicate with parents when needs and/or issues arise.
- Maintain a clean environment.
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- Able to maintain kids’ attention and respect
General Expectation and Responsibilities
- Arrive at least 20 minutes early.
- Provide at least 48 hours’ notice if you cannot make a scheduled session (except in the event of an emergency).
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures established by Fellowship City Church.